Thursday, March 5, 2009

Large and in charge

Word up!

I haven't written in awhile, and as is always the case, when too much time elapses I don't know where to start. Alas, though, I'm coming to you now not as an amateur or a rookie...I am now older and wiser, as just this past weekend I celebrated my 23rd birthday. Woohoo!
A birthday to remember, indeed. Come to think of it, this birthday brought many firsts for me. First time being celebrated abroad. First time that February 28th didn't represent the dead of winter. First birthday on the beach! And probably several other etc's.
The birthday party was a success, complete with about 15 friends, the beach, sun, music (brought to you live, as well as through the pod), bottles of beer, and the freshest of grilled seafood. With a bit of homemade "slam poetry" thrown in for good measure (recipe: my life story to the tune of Del the Funky Homosapien/Fiona Apple), we managed to have ourselves a great weekend!
In other news, I've managed to relocate an average of once/month since I've been here. And as the beginning of the month may indicate, I have "shifted" yet again (note: Indians say "shifted" instead of moved). I started out in the prison cells of IIT's campus, relocated for the month of February into a colorful, furniture-less and most recently, water-less flat near my office, and now, I've moved again. My new apartment is complete with more furniture than I can handle, as well as rather aggressive water pressure. Cheers! I'm living alone, and realized just yesterday that this, too, is new for me. I've never lived alone before and while I'm eager to host friends and company, I must say I'm enjoying the responsibility of looking after my own space.

Pics will be up soon!

And for the next issue, I hope to brainstorm some fantstic Indian-isms.
Till then!

2 comments:

pamela kate said...

I enjoy your blog more than any other blog. Really. Cute Overload used to be my favorite, but that picture of you holding the baby goat with the 2 boys is cuter than cute.

But I don't just look at the pictures. Every word is fascinating and inspiring.

Your loyal reader,
Pammy

Smaps said...

I love you Pammy!